LISTEN: Kylie Makes "Blossom Dearie" Tribute

Kylie Minogue pays a personal tribute to one of the most unique jazz artists of the last 50 years; Blossom Dearie.
"Kylie on Blossom"
Thursday 22 December
10.00-11.00pm
12/23 Update: Listen to it here! BBC RADIO 2


DOWNLOAD: http://www.multiupload.com/QTLD1AWTEH
57:10 mins, 128kpbs, 52.3MB


A ‘musician's musician’, Dearie was an iconic figure on the cabaret circuit in New York, Paris and London. Citing her as a major influence - indeed the two singers met shortly before Blossom died in 2009 - Minogue explores her fascinating musical career.
Kylie said: "I love Blossom's voice. It's that combination of fragility and strength that seems to be a perfect reflection of her personality.
She may have been petite but she knew how to look after herself.
Her story's fascinating and I hope that the listeners will be as inspired as I was to discover more about her life and her music."
Her programme was broadcast by BBC Radio 2 on Thursday at 10pm.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

Jon said...

That was lovely! I have always liked Blossom Dearie, and I must admit I never knew she and Our Princess ever met... I shall be listening on 22nd! Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Thanks a lot for the download - I look forward to listening to it!!!